• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pinpoint a problem (no video)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garasaki

Hey guys,

I have a NF-7S 2.0, with a barton 2500+ and a single stick of 256 meg DDR2700. Have been running at stock speeds for quite a while. I had recently been having a lot of problems with spontaneous shutdowns (not reboots but complete shutdowns) and this computer has never really run quite right.

Recently I had been using a PCI vid card, a real old POS, like a 16 meg viper or something, cause it's all I had. So the other day I got real sick of these shutdowns and made some changes in the bios, nothing major, just turning of spread spectrum and anything else that I thought might be causing shutdowns (thermal values and stuff like that, absolutely no changes in voltage or speeds anywhere) and then when I went to boot the computer shut down again as windows was loading. Since then, it won't boot at all.

What happens is, I turn it on, and all the fans run (cpu, NB, vid card) and all the drives spin and sound just like they are booting. However, my monitor stays in sleep mode and never wakes up to display anything. At first, I thought it was the PCI vid card, which I noticed the fan was not spinning on (likely is fried) so I borrowed a ATI 9600 (agp) card which did work in it's last computer, and has a spinning fan. However, same problem. And I've tried all the different outputs on the vid card. I've tried reseating most everything, tried different sticks of ram, tried different ram slots, and of course cleared the cmos about 80 times. Still no video output.

So, to summerize, I got no video output on what should be a working card, although when I try to boot I appear to have working drives, and fans. No warning noises, and I have tried reseating everything. Help please!

Back