• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Please!...before i throw my computer out the window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoorLittlePoop

Registered
Ok... Let me try to explain..
i have gainward gforce 2 ti the golden sample...
I cannot play battle field 1942, no one lives forever 2, or hitman 2 so far.. but i can play games like alien vs predetor 2, serious sam, jedi knight ii.. whenever i tried to play, it lockes up and reboots the computer, no matter what i tried. I tried so many drivers that i don't even remember what i have used.

here comes the Dilemma. Recently, i had a little lan party.. no one else had this problem.
I have a friend that is using on board gforce2 mx, and he can play games that i can't. I mean, if mx on board **** can play, then my card should be more then enough.
It's not a power supply problem or the cable. I don't have mean to test my mobo. I can't tell weather it's the video card or something else. i mean if it is a video card..then i can just ask for exchange, right? hopefully...

anyway..i would really appreciate it if someone has suggestion, help, or advice. i take anything right now.

repo man11

Some questions: can you run 3D Mark? What drivers are you currently using? What operating system? Do you have the card overclocked? What are your BIOS settings, such as AGP 2X or 4X, fastwrites enabled or disabled?

DaddyB

And is your CPU overclocked? If it is what are your temps and what CPU do you have and what speed is it running?

Post back with as many of the answer to repo man11's questions as you can and the answer to my question and we'll try to help out.

For now I'd say check to make sure the fan on the vid card is spinning and update your chipset/motherboard drivers (via 4in1s or SIS... whatever your chipset/motherboard is), you could try flashing the BIOS but I dont think that will help.

cullam3n

So you can play Jedi Knight 2 and Seirous sam and not battle-field 1942? That makes no sense to me however you slice it.

Could you give us the rest of the specs? And if it's an OEM (e.g., dell, sony, compaq/hp, etc)

-PC

OP
P

PoorLittlePoop

Registered
yeah i know it doesn't make sense... my friends were buffered too. anyway.. here are some specs..

home made..
iwill kk266plus
corsair pc 150 cas 2
t-brid [email protected]
gainward gforce2 ti 500 golden sample
overclocked..
samsung 7200 rpm 40 gig
vantec 6035 w/ delta fan...it's freakying loud
my temp does't go over 41c...

bios
4x enabled
fast write enabled.

I under clocked every thing but I still can't play...
oh yeah. i couldn't even run 3d mark..yet i can play serious sam 2, jedi knight ii, max payne.. i don't understand..
only thing left is to update my via driver...
i can flash my bios..but i don't think i will help..

i'm not quite sure why it won't run 3d mark...

litghost

turn off fast write, i have heard that it is an outdated tech, and causes instabilitity. I figured this out when i asked here how to enable it. according to the people i asked they said that fast write is such an awful tech they wrote it into the vid card bios not to allow it to turn on. i decided if they are gonna embed so i cant use it that it must be bad. hope that works

OP
P

PoorLittlePoop

Registered
yup fast write is off...updated via drivers..still not working.. I can't even get 3d mark to work.

I flashed my video card too...

i have 300w ps. my hardware monitor did tell me that my 2.5v is too low but i'm not sure if that would make a difference. Not only that.. to test it i hook up two 300w ps..
one dedicated to motherboard and the other one to power up everything else. I'm still having problem.. I can try the higher wattage ones if it needs to be.

damnest thing i ever seen with my video card. I might just call the gainward and try to get a new card..to see if it would make a difference. If this fails...i guess it's new mobo time.. which doesn't make sense either... so confused..

thanks for all the help