• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me select my newcpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[oc-lord]

Registered
Dear readers

i am planning to by a p4b 2.66hz
would this be a good overclockable cpu on my asus p4b533 mobo,
or would the p4b 2.553Ghz or the p4b 2.4Ghz be a better choice.
im planning to buy new ddr too (my mobo only supports pc 1600 and 2100, but it would unofficially support 2700 and mayby 3200 too. If i put in a 2700 would it than run @ 2700 or @ 2100?. same question for 3200). with the 2.66 my multiplier would be 20x and my mobo only supports until 24x so it's a close one.

pleast post a reply quickly so i can pick my cpu and order it

thanx in advance

ps. im ordering my parts @ http://www.wallabie.com/main/hardware_parts.asp
(its a store close to me)

All CPU you mentioned are OK. If your motherboard have RAM dividers you can set your ram to higher speeds.

but if i overclock my fsb to 166 then my ddr (i think i gonna use Pc2700) runs @normal clockspeed so why should i change my ram divider from 1:1 to 3:4? if i put it on 1:1 my ram isn't overclocked but my cpu will run @ 3.3Ghz right?

and can i use 4:3 ratio and does it have any effect (f.e: 2.66Ghz with fsb 221(if it's possibele to get such a high fsb) my cpu speed would then 4.2Ghz, right? and it will possibelly shorten my cpu's life do you know how much (f.e: 2.66@ fsb 166, how many percent would it be shorter?)

Back