• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me spend my $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceyWilly

Im thinking of getting either a dvd+/-rw drive (the cd-rw I have now is hella noisy) or just getting a dvd-rom drive and using extra money to get a window for my computer and rounded UV reactive cables and a blacklight. Either way, the cost would be the same. Which of these two options would you go for if you were me? Or woud you get something else completely?

Your thoughts are appreciated

OP
SpaceyWilly

SpaceyWilly

More info on the dvd+/-rw drive:

I would either get the Lite On dvd-rw or the NEC one, since both perform well and only cost $100.

I have a tv tuner, so I would definitely be able to use the dvd writing functions. Also I wouldnt mind the ability to "back up" the dvds my sister briought to college with her.

johnny5c

If I was in your shoes, I would go with the dvd+/-rw drive. A cool looking case is nice, but a dvd-rw is somthing you can really use. I have a plextor dvd+/-rw and a tv tuner and I could never go back to just a cd-rw.

OP
SpaceyWilly

SpaceyWilly

ok... well theres one on sale at cc this week for just $70, so if I get that then I could still get the window and the cables! This is working out better than I'd hoped. Thank god for Circuit City... no I just need $30 more so I can afford the thing before the rebates...

OP
SpaceyWilly

SpaceyWilly

Hah when Frank Lloyd Wright said "form follows function" I dont think this is what he had in mind... still applies though! Gotta love those genii