• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me to overclock Core 2 Quad Q6600!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The power supply is Switching Power Supply model : KY -400 ATX

And the two LED lights don't work at all....
i googled what you listed as a power supply it and its a piece of crap Raidmax. Utter garbage. I assume its old as well?

Since you are now not seeing any lights, no fans spin, etc that power supply is more than likely dead.

Here's a direct link to your manual.

Picture of CMOS reset from your manual.
clear_cmos.png
If you get the PC to start, I would suggest that you not overclock again until...
Buy a high quality power supply unit.
Buy a CPU cooler/fan meant for overclocking.
Buy case fans so heat can be removed from your case.
Thoroughly read and understand your motherboard manual's setup and BIOS sections.

To test the PSU for being dead, switch off the PSU and then disconnect the 24 pin main power connector from the motherboard.

Straighten (unbend) a paperclip and then bend it in a "U" shape. Insert the ends in of the paperclip into any green and any black wire pin on the main 24-pin connector. There must be some peripheral device like a case fan or a hard drive also connected to one of the molex connectors. Switch the PSU back on. If the peripheral device does not run then the PSU is dead.

You guys are awesome. :D

Lesson of the day, overclocking is still a risk.

Last edited:
Back