• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ME!!!! with my asus a7v333 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trae

I need help on overclocking new asus a7v333 mobo.
any advice will be helpful.

the cpu is a xp 2400+

I am starting from scratch so consider that everything is not unlocked

Trae

Last edited:

cypher

First off it might help to know what we are dealing with. What type of CPU and is it unlocked? What is your memory and how much. Pretty much list everthing you are using in the computer so that we can give you some viable advice and not just general tips.

OP
T

trae

Reply to question

the cpu is a xp 2400+

I am starting from scratch so consider that everything is not unlocked.

:argue: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :argue:

Trae

Bon3thugz43v3r

What stepping do u have (On your cpu middle diode it says)
What speed ram do you have? (pc2100? 2700?)
What OS? (Xp 2000)
What type of cooling do you have? (Air, if so what heatsink fan)

ntpphong

how bout me? i'm stucked at stock speed. i tried pushing to 13x 160 at 1.8V core but prime would fail

traed

TRAE -

I TOOK A LOOK AT YOUR OLD THREAD POSTS BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME SPELLING OF OUR NAME AND I COULDN' HELP BUT TO THINK YOU ARE INTO THE GRATEFUL DEAD? ARE YOU?

dalilman52

i would help u since i have the a7v333, but i have n old athlon t-bird so there isnt much to do with that board, if u really want to OC, id try closing the L1 bridges, and then going with the fsb settings that don't kick ur pci frequenicies out of spec, ive corrupted some pretty important system files before when i put the pci frequencies above 33 and pretty much freaked up my windows and required a full reformat, so NEVER take the pci frequencies out of spec since u dont have one of the new nforce2 chipsets that can lock the pci freqs. ok after that, lower the multipliers and try to kick the fsb as how as it'll go with the multipliers as low as possible.
________
Uggs

Last edited: