• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help My Computer Keeps Locking!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmc

Registered
I have a 1400 tbird, watercooled and suddenly it will no longer overclock. I had it at 1553 for 2 days and it ran fine then it started locking up. I reloaded windows 2000 updated the via drivers and installed the latest bios but it still locks. It will usually run fine at 1400 but sometimes it locks there too. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Derek
Amd 1.4ghz
ABIT KT7A RAID
3 40GB IBM DESKSTARS ON RAID ARRAY
640 MB PC 133
DANGER DEN MAZE2
400W PSU
43C AT FULL LOAD

You do know that there is an AGP aperture setting problem that causes random locks in Win2K? It's a simple reg hack. I don't remember the reg key off hand since I'm running XP and it's fixed there, but AMD has a link to an automated script on their website...I'd give it a try before you pull your hair out...

I thought I would be nice and create a link, but their site is down right now..that's what happens when you update the "recommended database" list and the website design at the same time... oops :p

Thanks I'll check it out. Do you know if sp2 corrected this? I tried to down load it once and it locked up during the install. I had to reload windows after that and it still would'nt overclock on the fresh install.
Derek

dmc said:
Thanks I'll check it out. Do you know if sp2 corrected this? I tried to down load it once and it locked up during the install. I had to reload windows after that and it still would'nt overclock on the fresh install.
Derek

DONT install sp2. It made my pc act very strange with capturing, games. Like when capturing im dropping alot of frames after i installed sp2. Also the system in general got much more unstable. After i uninstalled sp2 everything got fine again, so il bet u will just get more problems if u install it.

Also i have heard other ppl having similar problems as i had

My comp is locking up too. Ive had my 1.33 @ 1.55 for like 2-3weeks now and all the irqs look good as well as my +5 ,3.3and 12v. I got no clue why its starting to lockup =/ I lowerd it to 1.53 and im geting even worser lockups. Maybe the cpu needs more juice I got no clue , so if you find out why you'rs is locking up plz reply. Btw im watercooled as u see in my signature my temps and setup.

Back