• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, need monitor 24" and < $200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

singletons11

My Acer LCD monitor just crapped out on me after about 2-3 years of use, so know I need to find a replacement.

Here is what I use it for: 3D home design, internet surfing, amatuer photo editing, word documents, etc.

I would like to go no smaller than 23" in size, and spend no more than $200 (less if able to).

I was contemplating between 4 choices:
a. BenQ GW2450 ($179)
b. Samsung B300 Series S23B300B ($159)
c. Samsung SyncMaster E2420L ($160)
d. ASUS VS247H-P 23.6" ($180)

I understand that the Benq has then new VA led technology, but I have also read about the reliability and quality from the Samsungs. The E2420L is a business class and does not have LED backlight but does have 300 cd/m2 brightness as compared to the S23B300B that does have an LED backlight but only a 250 cd/m2 brightness. The Asus is also interesting given its options for the price as well as the number of good reviews, but I have read that Samsung is generally considered better quality in terms of a brand name, yet the Asus comes with a 3 year warranty.

Please help me decide or recommend another.

Thanks

I have this one. I've actually purchased two. My first I gave to my brother when he needed a new monitor and I liked it so much, I bought the same one again. Great color and just a solid piece of a equipment.

Full disclosure, I'm sort of an Asus fanboy ;)

Back