• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!! New 'puter won't start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marl65

Here is a list of what I have first. ABIT NF7-S v2.0, AMD Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred, Sappire Radeon 8500LE, Samsung PC3200 512MB

I am getting a loop of long beeps. Getting no signal from video card to monitor. :(

edit: the above listed is all that is installed currently in motherboard. i do not believe that the RAM is posting.

Marl :cool:

Last edited:
Call abit tech support. They can tell you what the beeps mean. For mine it was a incorrectly hooked up CPU Fan (thought i cracked my CPU)

Any way, Call them: 510-623-0500

Did you try it with the dimm module in a different slot? Sounds like a memory problem.At least it was for me.

I did try the ram in all of the dimm slots. So I got aggarvated and went to comp usa and bought a stick of el-cheepo ram. Low and behold it fixed it. So now I just have to send the bad stick of ram back to excaliberpc and get it replaced.
Also, I bought a Vantec Aeroflow cooler and it doesn't work all of the time. I bought an adapter to pull it's power directly off of the psu instead of the mb. When you switch the 'puter on the fan on it won't start. But if you reach up and manually spin the fan it will run for a little while then all of a sudden it will stop spinning again. So I attached it to the mb and it still does the samething. So I think that I am going to have to send the cooler back to newegg and get it replaced. :mad:

Back