• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Nicolas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Nicolas created a spreadsheet that tracks the team race and provides real time updates. He has posted the sheet for download and is also trying to get a link to the sheet which will autorun once clicked on. We're having a little trouble getting it to work just right, so if everyone could try it out this would help him get an idea of what to do. Here's the page with both links:
http://www.geocities.com/nick_the_old_one/

Well I don't know if this is what it is but the error I am getting is the following;

Microsoft Excel
Unable to open ://setiathome.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=Overclockers%2Ecom%20Seti%20Team. Cannot download information requested.

Shouldn't it be;
://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=Overclockers.com+Seti+Team

J :cool:

That is when attempting to open the second one, but when I download the first zip and run it, it works so...

J :cool:

Yep last time I looked the stats url was setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

This is my first attempt at realtime stats

Thanks for posting. I neeed more test results for different config.

In fact the first link is a link to a zip, and the excel sheet is working fine as far as I can see in Excel 2000, but you need to refresh manually.

The second link works well in excel 2000 on 2 machines, but caused me pb on a 3rd.

in Excel 97, the parameter of external data are not as complete , so the query is not working as it should, it is importing extra rows whenever a user has a link or a user profile.

I will look into this further monday and tuesday. and I may even forego this method of loading the stats page into an excel sheet and searching for user name in it for an XML approach.

In the meanwhile, I recommend that you download the zip file and run the stats locally if the second link doesn't work.

If the refresh of the data works

you should be getting this

Checking the gif I see that you are opening three instances of the same xls file. How do you did that? I use Excel a lot and many times I have needed to open the same program in different pages but hadn't been able. Please tell us how you did it :D?

As for the problem in Excel 97, I've been searching a way to remove those extra rows that are imported using the query but hadn't had the time to search how to remove them......maybe using some sort of set while creating the query.....

dear Mictlan
I do not open 3 instances of the same files, it is 3 windows open on the same worksheet (each on a different sheet).

I could attempt to remove extra rows, bu tI think I am going to look into doing multiple external query to XML results, one per team members. and see what I get.

papounet said:
dear Mictlan
I do not open 3 instances of the same files, it is 3 windows open on the same worksheet (each on a different sheet).

Exactly how do you make Excel open automatically more windows from the same file?

I could attempt to remove extra rows, bu tI think I am going to look into doing multiple external query to XML results, one per team members. and see what I get.

Multiple queries are more dificult to handle than just one, maybe if you just query the whole XML stats now available, and extracting the info with some of the Excel functions.

Back