• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help noob at watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aTk_H2o said:
whats a shim????
you don't need it 'cause you have a P4... The shim helps prevent people from cruching their CPU's core if it's an Athlon/Duron/Athlon XP.

As far as extra fluids go... You shouldn't need any as that looks like an all copper kit, so you don't need to worry about anything except baterial growth. That can be fixed with bioside/anti-freeze in small amounts. As far as measuring goes, you can either premix the anri-freeze, use a measuring cup and mix as you go, or just guess.

BTW, if you get the chance, I sugest picking up a heater core. It should help temps a good bit. The popular ones are the '86 Chevette (two pass and 1 120mm fan per side w/ shroud), the Fedco 2-342 (single-pass and 2 120mm fans per side w/shroud), and the 77 bonneville w/ac (two-pass and 2 120mm fans per side with shroud). The fedco-2-342 is the best option IMO if you can fit it in your case...

I recently went to the auto parts store and asked about a '77 Bonneville heatercore. They had it, but then he asked me some questions about what engine size, ummm I have no clue, any help?

ShortCircuit2 said:
I recently went to the auto parts store and asked about a '77 Bonneville heatercore. They had it, but then he asked me some questions about what engine size, ummm I have no clue, any help?
"Sir, what size engine?"
"Prescott heat-i-later"
"????"

ShortCircuit2 said:

all engine sizes use the same heater core. Only difference is with or without a/c. They are two different parts. The one with a/c is about an inch longer but requires more time modding barbs. The one without a/c (fedco 2-199) is about an inch shorter and easier to mod for your 1/2" ID hose to fit.

by the way, I'm looking for couple of 1/2" y-fittings and Home depot does not have them. Any suggestions where to locate some locally (I live in California) without ordering online? Shipping charges is more than the fittings themselves. Lowe's have them?

Back