• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help ocing vengeance lpx 32gb to Smith...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newbiew

Registered
It is a Shitty kit. I was only able to achieve 3300 out of it with xmp. Now I am trying to tight my primary timing and question is what secondary/tietrary timing to lose up in favor of primary?

Also should I load xmp 2 profile instead of 1? And carry over the values instead of auto... Maybe it will help lower primary timings and make em stable. Who knows?

I9 and. Z690
94ABAB5A-0CE1-408F-95E7-72B01F3912CC.jpeg

I guess it will run at 3600 but at something like 18-22-22. The performance won't be much better but you can try.
If you have ASUS motherboard then there are usually 2 profiles (even if RAM has 1 XMP profile) one is for higher performance (slightly better timings) and another one is for stability.
I'm not sure if it's worth to waste time on tweaking this kit as even with better series it's like 0-1% performance gain. In some specific applications, it's up to 5-7%, but between something like 2666 and 4000+.

I guess it will run at 3600 but at something like 18-22-22. The performance won't be much better but you can try.
If you have ASUS motherboard then there are usually 2 profiles (even if RAM has 1 XMP profile) one is for higher performance (slightly better timings) and another one is for stability.
I'm not sure if it's worth to waste time on tweaking this kit as even with better series it's like 0-1% performance gain. In some specific applications, it's up to 5-7%, but between something like 2666 and 4000+.

Do I have to load xmp 2 profile or just use xmp 1 and tweak secondary/tietrary timings individually? Leave rest on auto.

You can load any profile, and whatever is under auto is adjusted by the motherboard. Everything that you set manually (with enabled profiles or not) will work as you set it. Try how it works. Hard to say if XMP1 or XMP2 will work better.
I would focus on the highest frequency and main timings, maybe some single timings from the secondary group( tRFC - lower is better, or tREFI - higher is better). All others are not really important.

You can load any profile, and whatever is under auto is adjusted by the motherboard. Everything that you set manually (with enabled profiles or not) will work as you set it. Try how it works. Hard to say if XMP1 or XMP2 will work better.
I would focus on the highest frequency and main timings, maybe some single timings from the secondary group( tRFC - lower is better, or tREFI - higher is better). All others are not really important.

So xmp2 is more tight.

Xmp 1 loads. Passes tests

Xmp 2 no boot with same settings.

Conclusion?

pretty much **** xmp 2 adjusts timings based on primarily. Unlike 1

Tried same oc settings with xmp 1 no boot. Previously did boot. Wtf?

You can edit your posts to add if nobody has responded, FYI. ;)

As far the timings go, low is better. If it's lower, than before, it's 'good'. :)

All the RAM pushing, especially a kit like Vengeance LPX, will give up to 1% overall performance gain. I don't know if it's worth the time.
Most timings will give you nothing. It's not a higher binned Samsung kit that you can tune up much from the default settings. Unless you are going to take a part in competitive benchmarking then don't even play with IOL/RTL or tertiary timings as it will only give you a headache with no improvements.

Back