• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on Trimpot knowldge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is a picture of my Voltmod. I understand that my Soldiering skills are the work of 8yr olds :(

First MOD.jpg

@Dolk

If your service is still open after the New Year, I would gladly send some video cards your way :)

Looks good MM maybe a bit of extra work with those on/off switches but keeps it safe. I'd gle down those solder joints/wires so they can't work loose and break the connection

That was my first MOD :)
I think a bunch of monkeys could soldier better than me :(
I'll take your advice and add more glue to the small wires :)

If it works then it's good enough. It's a benching piece, not a show piece. Well done.

I hope I'm right on how I did the read points in the Molex connector. I should be able to have a probe in the ground slot and one in another, this should give me real time readings :)

- - - Updated - - -

If it works then it's good enough. It's a benching piece, not a show piece. Well done.

This is a straight up benching card, if it works under AIR first. If it works under air, then I will set it up for Dice benching :)

I like it, as Johan said though add some more glue. I found that I really had to add extra glue around the trimpots and the on/off switches otherwise I kept knocking them off the card.

Unfortunately I have already done that :(
Looks like I will have to work on redoing the card as I also pull some of the wires off :(

Anyone know if DOLK would like to play with some video cards???

Unfortunately I have already done that :(
Looks like I will have to work on redoing the card as I also pull some of the wires off :(

Anyone know if DOLK would like to play with some video cards???

PM him he's not on all the time

If Dolk is not available let me know and I might be able to work on one or two for you. My timeframe for completing them might be a little slow if you don't mind waiting.

Hey Shawn how you going good I hope.:thup:
If you need extra glue on your solder joints you aint doing it right.:)
The only place I use glue is to glue the trimpots on if the card gets warm.

Hey Shawn how you going good I hope.:thup:
If you need extra glue on your solder joints you aint doing it right.:)
The only place I use glue is to glue the trimpots on if the card gets warm.

I'm doing well Pete, Happy New Year to you and yours. Say hi to Ozz and the guys

Back