• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help opn lowering CPU temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

ive reseated the heatsink and put the right amount of arctic silver 2 (thin paper...even too) my temps right now are SYSTEM 31C and CPU 43C.....at late night when its cooler i get 28C system and about 39C cpu.....its pretty cold in my area, daytime its around the mid 70s...

i have a server case and i have 1intake(sunon high speed) on bottom (can only fit one) 1 exhaust(sunon high speed) under PSU.....and one over the PSU (delta..suppose to be 69CFM but feels weaker than my sunon) when i open case and put a lil pipe from my cpu about 1 foot long out i get 35C idle and 40C load.... help me what should i do...i want to leave case door on cause this delta is freaggin loud

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Could be a couple of things. Due to what youve said so far I would think first off that you need better circulation in and out of the case... That would help alot I would imagine. Since you said that it will drop if the side is off. So I would get better flow in and out of the case for starters... then maybe look at the actual HSF that you are using.... Dont recall seeing what it is you are using on there... Is it capable of handling the heat that well? Maybe look at getting something better after getting better airflow through the case.

IFMU

OP
Y

YoungstaxGx

my swiftech heatsink should be one of the "better" coolers...i got a 37CFM delta on it....

Arcane

Registered
well, the temps you are running for the particular cpu is fine, especially since you are using the heatsink that came with the mobo (although i could be wrong, i'm a shuttle guy)...if you don't already have one, switch to an all copper heatsink or one with a copper base...other than that, you need to work on you entire air circulation like what was mentioned earlier...a good wire cleanup would help...

Hotsauce

my swiftech heatsink should be one of the "better" coolers...i got a 37CFM delta on it....

Have you lapped your hs yet? I noticed a considerable difference in my temps when I lapped mine. Of course its just the boxed hs/fan combo that comes with the cpu, but I've got a better one in transit.

Also noticed in your sig that you can't clock to 133. Have you tried switching out your memory mods? I noticed they are different brands, it's a shot in the dark, but might be worth checking out.