• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help out noobie's wc system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

Ok, most of my stuff ordered last Friday night are on its way here.

Now I got questions about how to put together a water cooling system.

Case : Chief AX01BLD SPX2 Blue with 420W psu
Water Blocks: MAZE 3, Z-Chip, GeForce 3
Radiator: Black Ice Xtreme changed to D-Tek Cooler Core
Reservoir: Clear and 10 ft Tygon tubing
Pump: Assembled Via Aqua 1300 and Eheim 1250
Fans: Too many case fans in my room.

I forgot to purchase any hose clamps and also Y-fittings and I guess I need to buy then from lowe's

Q1. Via Aqua should be a submerged pump or a inline pump? and what is the difference in terms for performance/noise/flowrate/algae between inline vs submerge?

Q2. Do I need to buy waterwetter from autozone to stop the battery effect and also to kill algae?

Q3. What is Y-fittings used for?

Q4 is there flaws in the flowing diagram?
watersystem.jpg

Download the rar PSD of this image Here

Last edited:

Paxmax

EluSiOn said:

Q1. Via Aqua should be a submerged pump or a inline pump? and what is the difference in terms for performance/noise/flowrate/algae between inline vs submerge?

Q2. Do I need to buy waterwetter from autozone to stop the battery effect and also to kill algae?

Q3. What is Y-fittings used for?

Q4 is there flaws in the flowing diagram?

A1. Inline/subm. -You can use the pump either way, flowrate -the same, noise -use inline, the same or a bit noisier depending on the suspending type used for pump, algae -the same, performance(temps) -practically the same, although I'd always recommend inline so that some of the pump heat is lost also in aircooling.

A2. Yes, allways use waterwetter + destilled water. It does the stuff right. I don't know if there are several manufacturers, I'm only familliar with Redline w.w.

A3. Explain more....

A4. I'd recommend running gpu and chipset block in parallell to keep the flow rate up. Both "chips" have bigger cooling area and runs cooler, they wouldn't suffer that much from half flowrate.

/Paxmax

Seal

1. Temps will be lower with inline because pumps get a little hot and if you are using a submerged pump the heat is transfered straight into the water.

FIZZ3

I'd use an Eheim 1048/1250 inline instead of that Via Aqua you chose. I also think the BIX isn't the best choice. A barbed heatercore can be had from D-Tek Customs... looks the better choice to me. They even offer (expensive) shrouds to go with it.

As for the case: make sure you can make the lower 3.5" bay area completely empty, or the rad won't fit. Also; using watercooling on gpu and northie is fancy and all but it does reduce overall efficiency and makes the system much more complex... ask yourself whether you really need the cooling there.

bongo

Your setup seems to be all parts from dangerden. I don't have anything against DD, but I havent bought a block from them since they reasealed the maze2.

I'd also suggest for you to get ridd of the DD rez. Those resivours tend to create problems and takeup precious space.

And I would also recommend a eheim pump 150GPH/295GPH for you. They run silent and are the most highquality/reliable pumps I've seen(I think these pumps are a good investment especially for people new to watercooling).

And like FIZZ3 said before, loose the BIX and pick up a modded heatercore from D-tek with shroud.

OP
EluSiOn

EluSiOn

First, I want to thank {PMS}fishy, bongo, FIZZ3, Shocker and Paxmax. Great advices, really appreciated for the thoughts and times.

Shocker: I am aware of MAZE 3 and Z-Chip probably will not be able to fit on my Epox 8kha+ but very soon I am going to upgrade to a NForce 2 Mobo.

so... in parallel series like this?
watersystem1.jpg

I called Dan from dangerden.com (I got their phone number :cool: ) and he swap out the BIX to the eheim 1250. I will keep the Via Aqua 1300 for spare.

Any other suggestions?

I just bought hose clamps, T split fittings (for parrallel setup) and raditor protector made by valvoline, would it work as water wetter?

Also my hose clamps is metal, would that cause any problem? They are actually fuel injection hose clamps, with screw that can tighten them up but fits prefectly.

Last edited:

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
everything looks real good!
I know nothign about the rad protector..
you dont NEED a chipset block, but they are pretty cool, and they eliminate some higher temps in the case, but add restriction..

OP
EluSiOn

EluSiOn

maskedgeek, How about make more of your Type-S? I wanna it :drool: been reading your new water block thread and looking those pics... nice WB I must say....

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
can be done, prob not the best idea.... im pretty sure those probes are water proof

OP
EluSiOn

EluSiOn

I was reading other thread and found this...

IM000275.JPG

IM000274.JPG

And also about Y fitting vs T fitting, does T really hurts the flow rate?

b91ewn1k.jpg

vs
bi1faohb.jpg

TonyMc

EluSiOn said:
I was reading other thread and found this...

IM000275.JPG

IM000274.JPG

And also about Y fitting vs T fitting, does T really hurts the flow rate?

Hey EluSiOn. I built the inline water temp gauge in the pic and let me tell you it's a cheap and easy project. It doesn't have the eye candy flare of a professional type, but it's alot cheaper. Like masked said if your going to run your setup in parallel use a Y not a T. The T will KILL your flow rate.

TonyMc

ineedhelpplease said:
if i were to use a T-line instead of a res. like elusion should i keep the same configuration?

If I'm understanding you right then yes. Just substitute the res for the T-line. The T-line is basically a res it just doesn't hold the volume of water like a res.

OP
EluSiOn

EluSiOn

How does T line work as a res? any pics show how it work? and also without a water res.. how to fill the wc system with water?

Ok... I found the answer for my own question after a hour searching in the forum which lead me to here.. http://wc101.com/guides/t-line/

Last edited: