• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure there is a scientific explanation of why but hot VRM/Nb Heatsink.....mosfets etc.....will be less able to provide "stable" power to the Imc. Am I being extreme yes but if looking for every last bit...

I know with my M5A99X evo board, I had my 1090t on it and was able to get the Nb freq to 3k without an issue. I couldn't get it to 3200 mhz for benching, if it posted it wouldn't get past the windows logo. I noticed the Nb heatsink was really hot, so I put some active cooling on it. I was then able to post and get into windows at 3200 mhz, I only benched there so I do not know how stable it was.

I know with my M5A99X evo board, I had my 1090t on it and was able to get the Nb freq to 3k without an issue. I couldn't get it to 3200 mhz for benching, if it posted it wouldn't get past the windows logo. I noticed the Nb heatsink was really hot, so I put some active cooling on it. I was then able to post and get into windows at 3200 mhz, I only benched there so I do not know how stable it was.
Did that 200Mhz give you anymore performance wise or just for numbers?

Over the next week I am going to be replicating this great work and advise for you guys on my old Phenom II x4 850! :D

Thanks to you guys I've caught the OCing bug!!

Did that 200Mhz give you anymore performance wise or just for numbers?

Over the next week I am going to be replicating this great work and advise for you guys on my old Phenom II x4 850! :D

Thanks to you guys I've caught the OCing bug!!

Normal everyday usage, the difference is negligible at best. I really only push to the limits for Benching.

Back