• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking i5 6600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ambro

Hello there!

So I built my first pc a few months ago and have finally decided to try and get into overclocking.

I've run into a few issues though that I'd like some help on. I've been trying to OC my 6600k to 4.4ghz, but the results seem a little unusual. I've gotten it stable at 1.385 vcore and stress tests passed (used x264 stability test from this guide http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics). I have not had any crashes or BSODs at these settings and temps are below 80c but I feel like I should be getting a lot higher OCs at lower vcore according to most i5 6600ks I've seen.

My setup is:

i5 6600k
212 evo
rm850w psu
msi z170a krait gaming

My BIOS settings are:

CPU ratio: 44
BCLK: 100.00
XMP: disabled
CPU core voltage: 1.385

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback or help. Thank you.

That's a ton of voltage for that clockspeed... wow. So lowering it yields instability in your stress test?

I just lowered my voltage to 1.35 and was able to boot but after a 10 minute aida64 test was passed (I usually stress for 15-24 hours) I launched gta5 and it crashed about a minute in.

Back