• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! P4 noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

Just switched to the P4.. I was hardcore AMD just a few weeks ago.. the vcore on this thing is low as hell.. like 1.45 or something when it shouldbe 1.525.. this is the P4 2.6 northwood.. it is a C stepping also..

the mobo is the TH7-11 Raid.. should i have all the power connectors hooked into the board? or just the ATX12 and the ATX.. or the AUX, ATX12, and the ATX all together.. i have all 3 in now.. ill unplug the one and see what happens?

batboy

Senior Moment
All three power cables should be connected. I've had two of those TH7-II mobos in the past. The undervolting is a known quirk with this mobo. It's no big deal. Just set the vcore in the BIOS to "user define" and bump up the voltage a notch or two.

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
Voodoo_fx said:
Just switched to the P4.. I was hardcore AMD just a few weeks ago.. the vcore on this thing is low as hell.. like 1.45 or something when it shouldbe 1.525.. this is the P4 2.6 northwood.. it is a C stepping also..

the mobo is the TH7-11 Raid.. should i have all the power connectors hooked into the board? or just the ATX12 and the ATX.. or the AUX, ATX12, and the ATX all together.. i have all 3 in now.. ill unplug the one and see what happens?

great board! connect all the connectors. don't be afraid to give the cpu some extra juice--the th7ii is a notorious undervolter, depending on you capacitors (can't remember but it was something about blue vs. gray)

welcome to the DARK SIDE