• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! Peltier n00b on da loose!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

Ok... i have been doin some research on some alternative cooling devices... and i think that pelt is the best way to go. I need somethin other than the standard cooling for my Geforce 3 ti 200... cause i got it cookin eggs and bacon. What are the possibilities of condensation and would a standard cpu HS and fan work? I need help.. cause my comp is way too noisy with fans.

Paxmax

If you can get it down to case temps, then you don't have to worry about condensation. As I understand there isn't that much heat differens with a loaded graphixcard and an unloaded graphix card.

With peltier, you can totally forget original fan heatsink, they wouldn't be able to remove heat quick enough.

Example:
Om my old P2-300c(oc to 450) I use a 40 watt TEC. To cool it I have an all alu standard extruded heatsink about 180mm wide x 120mm tall and 20mm high fins. It's cooled by a 80mm casefan, shoving maybe 25 cfm. That chunk of alu still gets to be about 55 c hot with casetemps around 30 c. So don't try any TEC it with stock graphix cooler. I don't know how much "heat" a graphixcard put out, but it is probably around 15-25 watt, thats just guessing so don't take it for absolute truth

OP
B

Buhammot

Noob at Pelt on the loose!

I will have to look more into the actual temperatures that my card is running, but it's base is 175/400, but i am o/c'in it to 220/500 just to be more or less on the safe side.. but i can almost swear that you can cook eggs and bacon on the thing. I will look more into it tonight with some relatively rough answers, cause i know that i dont have all the more precise equipment. Thanks anyway, and i hope that people can provide more useful information.

Buhammot

P.S. I will get somethin way better than a stock HS and fan, but it runs too hot to cool with air.