• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Pick a Game.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borisw37

I want to buy a good online multiplayer game. I have counter strike but need something new.
I was thinking BF1942 or Call Of Duty.
Do a lot of people play those online?
What do you think i should get?

Both of those games are good, though i havent had time to really play online.

I do recomend you stay away from Halo, its online play is no fun, most people are just goofing off and not playing seriously.

Iron Hawk said:
Both of those games are good, though i havent had time to really play online.

I do recomend you stay away from Halo, its online play is no fun, most people are just goofing off and not playing seriously.

?? i and my clan mates play long times online and while u have some idiots - now with the new TK rules we play in lots of competitive games with little or no players goofin off. extremely competitive actually with many boards and weapons for a variety of strategies from shoot em up twitch games to teamplay with sniping, vehicles, and more strategic play.

The problem with Halo is that it needs a very good gfx card to play. I have a GF2 and if i turn everything off/down it still can't run it at playable framerates. I have heard that Desert Combat, a free mod for BF1942, is very, very cool. It is set in modern times with war waging against the middle-east.

I would have to say though that the best game to get for online play would be Tribes2. This game has kept me entertained for over two years and never gets boring. It is only online (unless you play with crappy bots) but has no subscription fee. It is a first-person shooter mostly played with two teams, capture the flag. It is very fast due to everyone having a jet pack. I strongly reccomend you buy or get the demo to this game.

BF1942 gets my vote .

Tons of replay value , great graphics , lots of cool/great mods .

Yep. If you are buying a game for online play, I highly recommend BF1942. Desert combat mod rocks and there are others that are decent too.

I say Call of Duty.

I think the single player blows but multi is loads of fun.

If your talking mods, psshhh its quake 3 engine mods will be here soon.

Back