• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help picking an optical drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

malinois1

Ok I have narrowed it down to 2 drives. NEC 8X Silver DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A $71, or the Plextor 8X DVD-RW/+RW Drive, Model PX-708A for $109. I was leaning toward the NEC because all my drive are silver but don't want to take to much of a performance hit based on color. All I will be using the drive for is to back up my data and also to make backup copies of my DVD movies. Is it really worth the $38 for the plextor or is the NEC good enough for what I need? What do you guys think?

David

Forums Super Moderator
I would say save your money, if all the speeds are the same. If the colour matches then thats a bonus :)

amanojyaku

yea go with the nec you wont be sorry. i got one a month ago and have burned about 50 dvd's and not 1 coaster. It is also very quiet and you cant go wrong with the speed.