• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help plz !!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

I have clocked a Geforce 2MX/MX400 pci from 175Mhz core 166Mhz memory to - 333Mhz core and 190 Mhz memory, the most performance increase was 4 fps in quake 3 arena demo. at this speed the system ran stable for around an hour with a huge internal fan on the gpu. is there something wrong that you guys can think of why i am only gettin 4 fps increase >?? also how the hell have i jumped from 175 to 333 ? plz help im confused here :eh?: also my system is now different to that stated below !

Kakao

GF2MX at 333 MHz core?
I think we have a miracle here.
Video cards are mostly memory bandwidth limited so the core speed increase doesn't matter too much.

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

Hmmm :(

I can see that i am going to have to prove this, i was as shocked as any1 when it ran stable i used the software nv max and set the core to 333 i ran q3a demo for around an hour before it became unstable, i will take pictures of nv max and post them right now

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

something on my hd is stopping me getting 333 core i get to 275 and it wont allow any higher values : / but still i think if i show u 275 maybe u will believe somehow i got 333

Overclocker456

you can overclock your core to 600MHz and you'll still get 4fps.. you are using a SDRAM G2MX.. the only way to get REAL performance is to overclock the memory. I suggest you leave your core at 200 and start on the memory..