• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP,Socket 7 plastic holddown broke :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
I guess the hold down clamp for socket 7 mobo was to tight and the little arm broke off :-(. Can I use the Arctic Silver Epoxy to keep it on?? The case is sitting on it's side for now with the HSf just resting on it and Rain running to help. Another question. My Peltier HSF combo came in and with the K6 2-500 do I need a cold plate with it? It's not working with them paste or without. But it works when not on cpu. It frost's up. And if so can I do the Arctis paste with it? Running @ 500 now, want to get it back up to 560. HELP Please.
Thanks.

1. you can take the top off the socket (the little tabs are on the sides )and replace the broken arm with one from a geneic slocket or old mobo
or
2. take the broken arm out and put the chip in without it ,then force the chip away from the cam and it will seat in the socket fingers ,and the sink will hold it there ,,I ran a K-6II like that for almost a year ,and it never poped off or sliped out of the fingers ,,
course replacing the arm is prolly the best way to go

Back