• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Strange Noise No Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

Well, I went fiddling with my MSI NEO2 Socket 939 Mobo and now I may have finally killed it. The mobo posts and stops at the memory test window after it says OK. IT IS MAKING A LOUD BUZZING CLICKING KIND OF NOISE i HAVE NEVER HEARD. It's not a fan. It's not the hard drive. I've reset the cmos with no effect.Anyone have any ideas? I should add that it doesn't make the noise till after it posts. Also when I shout it off as soon as I press the start button the noise stops before the computer even shuts down. I was thinking a corrupted bios, but why the funny noise? Help, is appreciated. If not loan me a gun and I'll shoot it and take it out of it's misery. Thanks.

Cheers! :beer:

R7

OP
R

rseven

Thanks, Niku-Sama, that's as good a stab as anything else, but you are not going to believe the real answer. It was a faulty keyboard! Now, I have had problems with keyboards, but it would say it on the boot up screen. This just froze and made this loud noise. As soon as I switched keyboards everything just purred again. I was just loading a gun when I got the brainstorm. I must have scared that mobo to death. :eek:

Cheers! :beer:

R7