• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! ti4600 or 9700 NP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

port-error

Registered
problem. i got about $200 to spend and i'm looking for a good overclockable video card. i've seen a couple of 9700 NP drop below the $200 line or close too. But, my friend has a broken ti4600 that only need a new fan (blue orb) put on top. Can his ti4600 be overclocked, i think he said its a visiontek? but i'm not totally sure. I've looked at couple 9700 NP boards, but can't tell which one have the same 2.8 ram as the 9700 PRO do? i'm pretty sure the saphire 9700 NP boards have the 2.8 ram instead of the 3.3 like the other NP boards. Could anyone give me a little advice as to which would be better to go with? I'm hoping to get a board at a good price that is able to run the new games coming out like doom3 and so on. Thanks!

IR1

ok... 9700 np... is far better buy for the money. And yes they can both overclock. Try and get NP wtih 2.8 it will overclock to a pro and past. You gotta flash the bios though.

snyper1982

double post :), but yeah the np is far superior, especialy once you crank af and aa. you dont NEED to overclock the card it runs fine for basicaly every game out.

Dragonprince

Not even a question about this.

9700 all the way.:cool:

Why would you even ask this kind of question ? Have you read something that lead you to think a Ti4600 was even in the same league as the 9700 ? Just curious because Id like to read it...I could use a good laugh:D

fiji

Dragonprince said:
Not even a question about this.

9700 all the way.:cool:

Why would you even ask this kind of question ? Have you read something that lead you to think a Ti4600 was even in the same league as the 9700 ? Just curious because Id like to read it...I could use a good laugh:D

lol i bet you could find a bunch of things

i remember last year when the ti4600 was uber 1337 and everyone was bragging so much about it lol

Daven

Registered
haha yea, and i spend 400 bucks on it just to spend more a few months later. I come home with some money, black out, and the next thing i know, i have 4 items comming ups :/

OC Noob

Daven said:
haha yea, and i spend 400 bucks on it just to spend more a few months later. I come home with some money, black out, and the next thing i know, i have 4 items comming ups :/

ROFL. Been there done that:p

Your friend doesn't want $200 for a used, broken fanned Ti4600 does he?

Can't you get them new for that now?

Not that you should and all with the 9700 being a better bang for buck card. I was just curious.

PhobMX

140 is the most i would pay for that brocken ti4600, and still i would think about a good r9700np that can almost surely get past pro speeds... just look at the FIC r9700np

PhobMX

i saw a thread not so long ago about ateck taking ages to either ship or refund... i would suggest you to look at resellerratings.com first, and try another vendor...