• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to Overclock FX 8320e MOBO Gigabyte GA 970A D3P Rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melky

Hello!! First sorry for my bad english i'm using the google translator to post here!!

I want to make an overclock and reach at least 4.2ghz but i don't know much about overclocking and the settings I need configure. I only did a basic overclock 3.2ghz to 3.6ghz. If I go more than 3.6ghz the system gives BSOD. Here are the photos of my current bios:

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

Here are my specs:
FX 8320e
MOBO Gigabyte 970A D3P Rev. 2.0 (Bios version FC)
AMD R9 390 Nitro Overclocked
8Gb RAM Corsair 1600mhz (2x4Gb)
2Tb HDD Raid 0
Corsair TX 750w
Watercooler Corsair H60i
Case PCYes Tiger

Thanks fo the Help :)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 3,033
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 2,532
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 2,943
Welcome to OCF Melky. You have a so so cooler and motherboard so we'll see if we can get you to where you want to go. In BIOS first disable C1E and C6 then enable HPC. There is also a link in my sig for overclocking the FX CPU. You should have a read through that.
If you can, run Prime95 blend test with HWMonitor open and take a screen shot after 20 minutes so we can see temperatures and voltage. Post this here along with a shot of CPUz main,spd and memory tabs.

Thank you very much for the help Johan45!!

Here are the screen shots:

CPUZ.jpg IMG_0687.JPG Prime.jpg

Welcome to OCF Melky. You have a so so cooler and motherboard so we'll see if we can get you to where you want to go. In BIOS first disable C1E and C6 then enable HPC. There is also a link in my sig for overclocking the FX CPU. You should have a read through that.
If you can, run Prime95 blend test with HWMonitor open and take a screen shot after 20 minutes so we can see temperatures and voltage. Post this here along with a shot of CPUz main,spd and memory tabs.

Not to hijack but thanks for the link in your sig, I'm new/getting back into desktops and that will be of great help.

Actually I think hpc should be disabled on a giga board. APM and core performance boost should be disabled as well.

For Giga , usually HPC and APM enabled with CPB set the same as the OC. This stops the throttling and the double boot that some of the boards get.

May want to be careful with the OC, IIRC that model doesn't have VRM heatsinks...

20141113175952_big.jpg

OK now, that board is only 4+1 power so you may not be able to push this CPU too far. The important numbers for you to watch are the package temp which should be kept 62c or lower and the TMPIN1 which is your socket 70c or lower. As you see it already is getting warm. there are ways to help cool that area with fans like this. One behind the mobo and one or two right on the HS for the VRM. Right now you still have some room to move though. So I would set the CPU Core voltage to 1.25v in BIOS and test again to see what goes on with the temps and voltage levels

Capturefan.PNG
vrm fans.jpg

OK, I did de test with the vcore at 1.25v and the screenshot is below. About the overclock i'll be very happy if i get 4.2ghz. This is my first PC Gamer and i did with the cheap components because here in Brazil the imported products is very expansive ^^. Just for you to have some idea an PS4 here costs about $700 dollars... In any case some day i'll have a high-end machine :)

Teste.jpg

Back