• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! TUSL2C don´t recognize my CDR on the 2nd ide Channel!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

Man, having bad time on the 2nd IDE channel.... It don´t recognizes my LG32x8x4 !!! My DVDRom drive is coming back from repair and I´ll need that extra channel working...! Dam! Someone had something lookliked? At least I tested swapping the cable from ide1 (where they work) to the ide2 and it didn´t recognized any thing in the boot on the channels but at least still booted the HD....
Perhaps I´ll have to use them switched forever...? I´ve already tested different cables that I´m positive about they integrity and always the same bug....! Ohhh god... Will have to trotle with the case to test other drives and be shure it´s not a specific compatibility problem...:mad:

Any Suggestions?!!!

Try unpluging the drive completely, power and IDE. Power the system on let it post, then turn it off again (you can use a boot disk if you don't want it to start into windows). Plug the drive back in and see if it detects. You also want to make sure that your bios is set for auto-detect, not CDROM.

CrystalMethod said:
Try unpluging the drive completely, power and IDE. Power the system on let it post, then turn it off again (you can use a boot disk if you don't want it to start into windows). Plug the drive back in and see if it detects. You also want to make sure that your bios is set for auto-detect, not CDROM.

Will try powering pluging unpluging ing ing ing some more times...
i´ve tryed autodetect and manual.... no way... Still trying. Any result I´ll post here, thanks!

I've got an LG 24x10x40 running in the master slot on my 2nd channel with no problem. Are you sure your jumper is in the right position?

Yeah I have triple checked the Jumper connections and tryed different arrays and cables... Set them one per time alone as master and no go..... I think it´s a bug.. Maybe the a new bios can fiz that... but I don´t like flashing (bad experiences doing all correctly...)... I´ll contact asus....
I´m currently running the hd on the 2nd channel and the drives in the first, that way they work Ok... I tought the 2nd channel was slower, beccouse I´ve noticed a huge performance impact, but that was just windows disabling my dma when i change the driver, so I re-enabled and i´m using it this way.... I Think it will be the solution...

What bios do you have? I have 1012 beta 002 from x86secret. I have 1 HDD and Teac CDRW drive on primary and LG CDRW and zip drive on secondary

bios

deez said:
What bios do you have? I have 1012 beta 002 from x86secret. I have 1 HDD and Teac CDRW drive on primary and LG CDRW and zip drive on secondary

Hmmmm good to know... :D And the bios work Ok for you? No bugs, fixes the agp and mem limitations on oc....? Does it alows you to choose the bus until 200mhz too? Or just 166....? Is it with the evil inside?

EDIT: Oh, my bios is the 1011 from asus.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Humberto, did you ever try to set them on the 2nd channel to the cable selection?

cable selection?

o770 said:
Humberto, did you ever try to set them on the 2nd channel to the cable selection?

Hy oTTO!
I tested them alone and toghether on the first and on the last connection, with diferent cables... What do you mean with cable selection?:eh?:

Re: bios

@crilicM@n said:

Hmmmm good to know... :D And the bios work Ok for you? No bugs, fixes the agp and mem limitations on oc....? Does it alows you to choose the bus until 200mhz too? Or just 166....? Is it with the evil inside?

EDIT: Oh, my bios is the 1011 from asus.. :rolleyes:

no problems with stability...fixes agp and mem and has evil inside logo. Goes past 166 but no 1/5 divisor so I'm not sure how high it goes.

For flashing I use ASUS bios flash utility and flash bios through Windows

you could try setting the jumpers in the drives to the cable selection so that the position they are hooked up in the cable will make them to be primary or secondary - first plug, primary; scond/middle plug secondary.

it seems to me somethings wrong with the IDE controllers on the mainboard or thats the thing to be suspicious about at least. so if the problem is about the controllers that cant set the devices on their own, maybe using the cable selection could work around it.

Good luck friend.

btw im getting the writer tomorrow, together with a new asus 52x cd-rom. ill make some tests and PM you.

o770 said:
btw im getting the writer tomorrow, together with a new asus 52x cd-rom. ill make some tests and PM you.

Oh yeah, I checked and tryed different combinations of master/slave jumper, when I use them in the 1st ide channel they work perfect, if I simply change to the 2nd ide channel it never recognizes anything... :confused: Someone said to me that I´d need to flash the drives bios,.... But that doesn´t seem to be the problem, becouse they are 2 different brand drives and are Ok in the 1st channel... I think it´s a problem with my 2nd channel... At least the HD works Ok on the 2nd channel (Until I discover that windows disable UDMA each time I change it´s position; re enabled and Ok...) I personally only try flashing when it´s realy needed or if i can get an RMA on the hardware :)

Humberto, coloca os jumpers dos drives na posição de "cable select", ao invés de master ou slave - tem essa outra opção que é pra a posição dos drives no cabo determinar qual é master, qual é slave.

o master é sempre o que está conectado no primeiro (ou último) conector do cabo, o slave é o que está no conector do meio.

se o problema é com o controlador de IDE que não está conseguindo configurar um dos dois, ou os dois, por causa das interfaces diferentes ou alguma outra coisa, talvez usando a posição em cable select funciona.

Hmmmmm eu só troquei os cabos, as posições e combinações de master/slave... esta outra posição eu não tentei, mas vi que existe....

Thanks for the different tip oTTO, I´ll test this 3rd jumper setup as soon as I have a litle time (Tomorrow I have other important things....)
Pehaps I´m out of luck.... I bought trough internet a tualatin celeron 1.0A and the dam didn´t boot!!! RRRR When I put the old cpu the pc boots normally.... I´ve cleared the cmos, tryed jumpermode, installed reinstalled... Never booted :( Will have to find out someone who have a T-Mobo or a T-cpu to cross test.... Hugh.... :(

Thanks Guys...

any chance you get the TUSL2-C returned?

dont waste your time trying out too many things if the thing wont work the way it should.

Humberto, you said you were going to attach some heatsinks to some of the components on the mainboard - did you ever do it? if so, couldnt that be because the thermal compound or something on any of the chipset controllers?

Back