• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help "VideoExcel" Geforce2 MX 400 Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

casperboy77

Seeing that alot of people are overclocking I hope someone here can help me out. A while back I bought a VideoExcel Geforce2 MX400 video card (more details below). I didn't know anything at all about Geforce I have always used ATI cards. Well at the time I was having some driver issues, so I updated the nvidia drivers but it didn't appear to help. So one day I seen you could update the bios/firmware. Well I just thought all Geforce were Geforce, so I ended up burning the wrong rom onto the chip. I have since bought new video cards, but every now and again I try to get this card working right. I have searched and searched the net for the proper VideoExcel brand bios and cannot find it. I have a bios on it now that works good, but the computer thinks the card only has 16mb video ram when it actually has 64mb. Below are the specs (I can also take pictures of the card, box, manual, cd or what ever else anyone needs.

Details:

Brand: VideoExcel
Geforce2 MX 400
nvidia
4X AGP Interface
64MB SDR, With TV-Out
Model: A-MX44

On card tag says:

Geforce 2 MX400 S64M A-MX44-R64VB-S4BSG FRAC1843-2 V3.11.00.02.00 0600 DT57V41600-70

The bios chip says: PMC Flash, MF3AW, 0224, Pm39LV512R-90JC

The Ram Chips Say (I think there ram chips): DTM, DT57V41600-70, 020917, TMSC

Some CHip on the back says: CONEXANT, Bt869KRF, 25869-16, E196968.1, 0211, PHILIPPINES

If someone by any small chance has this card can you please copy your bios and send me the rom please. Just goto: http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html and towards the bottom download "BiosDump". Thank you so much, I have learned my lession. By the way for anyone wondering, No I didn't backup the bios when I flashed it. I also searched every bit of the original CD and it isn't on there. Thank you so much for any help.

-Jim :D

so what, you flashed a TNT2 BIOS onto it?
why not contact VideoExcel? or...find a card with the exact same specs and get that BIOS
i've heard of Leadtek BIOS on non-Leadtek cards and the like...i'm sure you could google it

obobskivich,

Thanks for replying. I have tried about 25 different rom flashes. I actually have a leadtek rom on there now and it does work. But it only recognizes 16mb of video ram, it is supposed to be 64mb. As for VideoExcel, I was told they don't exist anymore, they are now owned by Chaintech. Chaintech hasn't returned any of my e-mails yet. I e-mailed them a couple weeks ago. The card is fully working on except for the ram issue, I am hoping that the original ron file will fix this issue if I can get my hands on a copy. If not got any ideas on the ram issue? Is there a way to modify a rom to correct that. The X-bios program doesn't do it, I tried allready. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

-Jim

Back