• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ Cooling Options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

What is the best way to cool a midtower case without cutting holes, modding, etc. Do those pci card fans work well or do i need big 80cm fans in front and back..?

Thanks

cooling

I would go with at least an 80mm in front and back.

Or you could pull the side panel off and place a small fan next to it, blowing in there.

You should definitely use what is available on your case. eg place a fan at every single fan grill on your case. The pci card coolers do work, but you only need them if your cards are getting really hot, which they most likely aren't going to.

How do i get power to these fans, isnt there only one place on the mobo for a system fan? Also, whats the best way to secure these fans to the case..?

Thanks

you can tap power from any yellow wire and ground on the wire next to it. i use machine screws to hold my fans in place. and if noise is a concern or you want to do some overclocking then water cooling would be a good option. the prices have come down to the point where it is possible to put together a good system for around 100 bux. good luck whichever way you go :)

unwrittenLaw said:
What is the best way to cool a midtower case without cutting holes, modding, etc. Do those pci card fans work well or do i need big 80cm fans in front and back..?

Thanks

you could try an 80cm fan but i doubt that it would fit :p

if youcan fit a 92mm or a 120mm in the back of your case that would be a good idea

Back