• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ my floppy drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djs488

floppys may be out of date, but i still use them a lot. My floppy will notice that there is a file saved on a disk, and it will shows its name. But, then when i double click on it, it won't open. I've tried it on another pc and it works fine. But on mine it won't open the files. There aren't any drivers for floppys are there? Please help.

OP
djs488

djs488

by the way, the files that i have been trying to tranfer through the floppy have been going from Windows ME to Windows XP. Could this be a problem.

PLtNmHeLiX

djs488 said:
by the way, the files that i have been trying to tranfer through the floppy have been going from Windows ME to Windows XP. Could this be a problem.

This can't be a problem. But the best way is to test using the same floppy disks on another drive and see if same thing happens.