• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help water leaked onto MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splateee

Stupid me,

I was installing a new MB and Barton 2500 and was re-filling my water cooler and one of the hoses was not on tight enough and it shot water onto the board when i turned the pump on, mayby even my new memory also, it was not to much that shot out.

What should i do? i pulled the board out and took out the cpu and memory and dried the wet spots that i could see with a paper towl and used canned air to spray it off. Should i wait over night before i reinstall it and power it up? I was using distilled water so it shouldn't be conductive, right?

I need any help and suggestions if possible please :(

thank you

JML

Don't try and power it on yet. Dry it off the best you can, and leave it for at least two days before trying to power it on.

OP
splateee

splateee

thanks for the info :)

Ok i will wait a day before powering it up.

I got another question now, does it make a difference if there was water wetter added to the the water? Will it leave any type of residue on the board that may cause a problem?

thank you

Ghoztie

Registered
Yes. The WaterWetter will leave some residue. If it is the RedLine one. I have had some disasters too. When installing new hardware and not turning the pump off. And no hoose clamps. **** Water all over the mobo. LOL.

Well. I don't think the WaterWetter residue will be conductive. So don't worry. Just fire it up in a few hours after it has dried. I have never had any problems in my accidents.

OP
splateee

splateee

Thanks everyone for the help & suggestions.

Everything went good, poewred up the machine yesterday afternoon, started installing all the programs and have left it running overnight looping the 3dmark demo to burn it in.

I was a little concerned about the temp, found out that the bios needed to be updated to show correctly, so i did that now it's ok.

Now i just have to finish loading a few more progs and then it's time to play some GTA Vice City :)

thx

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I know you got it resolved, but i would put a house fan blowing at the motherboard over night..........