• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with 933 FCPGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LTC_B

I have an ASUS P3C-D with 256 RAMBUS memory, the latest BIOS and I am currently trying to upgrade from 2x677 slot 1 to 2x933 fcpga using adaptor cards. Running in single processor mode, the process is recognized etc and can be OCd to 1025. However when I place both processors in and try to boot, I get he dreaded no BIOS post, etc. I've tried manual dipswitch and no dipswitch mode to no avail. Any sugesstions. I had my 677s OC to 750 and running stable.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??????

I have had some problems with slockets in the past but not this particular problem. If it were me I would get a cheap dual P3 fcpga board. $30-$50 bucks. It should be more stable then slockets anyway. This is what I did.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
I havent used slockets on a dual but I did use one on my abit bx6 2. Make sure your jumbers on the slotkits are right. It could be that the slotkit disables smp. I really have no clue on this.

I know telling someone to buy a better board is about the worst response possible but I have no clue on this one.

I'm running an Abit vp6 with two p3 1000EB chips right now. If you can find one of these boards then I would switch.

I really don't know. I would contact asus and whoever makes the slotkits and ask them if no one here has a better answer.