• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with a new mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elBogg

i need some help picking a motherboard. i've used shuttle's ak31 and ak35 boards, but i just fried the ak35's bios. i need a new board to replace it, but i've been out of this for a while, busy with work. used the search button already, but i couldn't really come up with any good answers. i need to have basic overclocking features (chip voltage, multiplier and fsb control, mem timing and voltage control), ddr support, raid (at ata133), at least 5 pci slots. i don't need to go over 166 mhz fsb speed, on-board graphics, sound, or firewire. nice, but not necessary are usb 2.0, serial ata, onboard lan. i'm prolly not going to be upgrading to a new processor. it's going to be running an amd xp1700, 512mb pc2100 crucial ram, gf3 ti200, a cd/rw, a dvd-rom, a hercules sound card, 4 hd's. oh, and i need to able to fit a thermalright ax-7 on it. any help is appreciated . . . thanks in advance, folks . . .