• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP With AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

socal081

Hello everyone. I am needing help with hardware suggestions that will allow me to overclock this AMD Phenom ii x6 1100t since I am having terrible luck with what I have. People said that I should replace the MOBO because it has low vrms or power phases? Also the PSU since the kingwin isn't any good? What all would be needed to do a good overclock and have a decent gaming desktop? What would the best motherboard be for the AMD Phenom ii X6 1100t? I was reccommended the Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard and a XFX 650w PSU. Hopefully someone can help me out with this. My Current Setup Below:

-CPU- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
-CPU COOLER- Corsair H100
-MOBO- ASRock 970 Extreme4
-GPU- EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked w/ ACX
-PSU- Kingwin ABT-610MM
-RAM- Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

The board is not high end but will work fine with that CPU.
The PSU is crap. It was a $25 PSU 5 years ago.
How are you using that PSU anyways? It has no 8 pin for the mobo.

I'm with Mr.Scott, everythings fine but the psu,
I just bought a 970extreme 3 r2.0 to play with one of my 1090t's or 1100s, I have great faith yours will be even better.

@ Mr.Scott, with lower wattage cpus, a 4 pin cpu power connector will plug right into an 8 pin cpu power header and be fine the 8 pin header is just 2 4 pin headers but this is a bad idea with a thuban..

Last edited:
@ Mr.Scott, with lower wattage cpus, a 4 pin cpu power connector will plug right into an 8 pin cpu power header and be fine the 8 pin header is just 2 4 pin headers but this is a bad idea with a thuban..

I know this. That's why I asked. :)
That's probably what he's doing and also probably what his problem is.
A good PSU cures a lot of ailments.

As the fine lads above said, your MoBo is fine.

Set the multi to 20, the vCore to 1.45v, the CPU-NB multi to 18, the CPU-NB voltage to 1.3v.

LLC to ultra.

Test for a couple of hours with Primw95. If OK, raise the multi bt 0.5, rince and repeat.

Heart Of Darkness.

Hihihihi!!!

Edit: =MacQueen "Catchaw!!!"

Edit2: =Manu2B ;) back in business!

Don't know which alias I'll use ;)

Last edited:
Lol! Do you think an admin will be able to merge my Tnn and manu2b accounts?

Edit: nope, can't find the LSD, but if you have one for me!!!

People said that I should replace the MOBO because it has low vrms or power phases?

Well, it does have only 4+1 phases whereas the M5A99FX PRO R2.0 has 6+2 phases, so the latter is in principle a better choice for overclocking anything, but there are better ones as well.

you are correct, the m5a99fx motherboard would be a better choice but, we assume he already ownes the 970 board and the other listed parts.
the thuban will be limited to between 3.8 and 4.2 in most cases, 3.8 being an average chip and 4.2 being a very good chip and will not be drawing the power that an fx chip would at moonshot clocks and with the chosen cooler, it will take a very good chip not to be temp limited under stress testing, p95, ibt and linpac.
for game, surfing the web and all the normal, mundane tasks it will be a fine rig.

Man you are freaking me out! I shouldn't be using this psu at all and am going to ruin my gear? I'm somewhat of a newb at building PC's and had no idea that I shouldn't be using just the 4 pin. I got the case and psu from a buddy, had the cooler from a raffle, and got the mobo/CPU for only $50 bucks on Craig's list so I threw it all together...I should have researched a lot more.

$50 for a PhenomII x6+MoBo is a steal!
CPU only is worth a $100 used.

Mobo ain't c..p either, just not top of the line, but still decent.

I would worry about the PSU though: do yourself a favor, grab a quality 600w unit (EVGA, Corsair).

Back