• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with AverMedia Live Gamer 4K and Motherboard Compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CowntChocula

Hello all, first time poster and hoping someone can help me. I currently have an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard and trying to change out my Elgato 4K capture card (which I have no compatibility issues with) for an AverMedia Live Gamer 4K card because I want to be able to pass through the HDR. When I installed the new capture card I am getting compatibility errors which I am surprised to see considering I thought this motherboard was a fairly high end gaming motherboard. I tried two different PCIe slots as well as upgraded my BIOS today to the most recent version but I am still seeing the error. Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue or where to even start to look? I am stuck.. Thanks for your help!

The specific error from the RECentral 4 app says:
"It is detected that the motherboard has a slot that has compatibility problems with this device. If the use is not smooth, it is recommended to replace the slot."

If I run the AverMedia diagnostic tool I see this:
Motherboard: MAXIMUS VIII HERO
Driver: Rev 1.xx
BIOS's Version: 3802(3.0)
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
*Unkownn baseboard, can not be recognized

I have no clue why you might be having problems. I would contact Avermedia tech. Incompatibility issues can drive you up a while. They reasons can be very subtle.

Question: What is the PCI-e lane width required by the card? Do you have multiple SSD NVME drives installed or multiple video cards?

Back