• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with BD7-II Raid setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have had this problem for months and now figure it is time to fix it. I reloaded Win2k on a fresh partition with it setup as C: on IDE-0. When asked for any Raid drivers, etc. pushed F6 and loaded Highpoint driver 2.32 for latest Mr N bios. and then completed o/s install. Problem has been when I try to move the drive to the Highpoint IDE-3 I would get an error saying "NTLDR not found". If I leave the drive on IDE-0 it boots fine. Since I finally decided to try and fix the problem, I tried reloading the Raid driver from the Abit cd, same problem. Update back to 2.32 from a floppy, same problem. I am stumped as that is always the way I had done it before. How can I get the "NTLDR" installed so I can boot off the Raid setup? Short of a complete reinstall if I do not have to.

wumeeks

Registered
Have you gone into the highpoint setup (Ctrl-H durin bootup) and set the raided drive as bootable? also you have to set the bios to boot off the ataRAID..the book sez to select raid for all three boot options but..you can leave cdrom or whatever as 1st boot and put the rest as raid. hope that helps

===========
abit bd7II-raid
p4 [email protected], 512ddr [email protected]
ati 9700 pro, SB audigy, 2 ibm 40 gig raid-0 setup
running windowsxp pro

OP
Pntgrd

Pntgrd

Yes, I have done that. Bios set to boot to cd 1st and then the Raid. Raid is enabled in bios. Drive set to Boot in Highpoint bios. This is how I had always done it but it will not work this time. I just tried "fixboot" from the Recovery Console but still same problem. It is starting to pi** me off.