• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with CD-RW!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

Hey guys... i have this problem here... i have cdRW's which when i erase everyhting that is on them.. my 2 drives dont want to recognize that there is a blank RW inside.. and i dont have a clue on how to fix it! like when i click properties on the drives it says 0 megs free and 0 megs used... but yet when i put in a brand new CDRW it can read it. the burner im using is a sony 16 10 40 i think and this has happened with both the maxell 650's and the memorrex 700's. i erased them using the EZCD creator Platinum erase feature and some with the Windows XP erase feature. and now they cant be recognized in my drive... and it wont even let me format the cd in direct cd so i dont knwo what the problem is.

How do i go about fixing this?

thanks
raven

OP
raven

raven

ive also tried other programs like nero and to no avail.. still wont recognize the cdrw's :(