• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with CPU Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L0HpT

Registered
Ok . Here are my system specs first:
1.2 ghz Tbird @ 1350mhz (10x135mhz)
Abit KT7A Raid Motherboard
Hercules Geforce 2 Ultra
256megs PC150 TinyBGA
Ibm 61.4 gig hd
SB Live Platinum 5.1
Plextor 16x10x40
Pioneer 16x DVD

for cooling i have a max cool case average temp for system is 23 degrees celcius .. for the cpu i have an alpha pep66 with the black label delta fan and artic silver 2 thermal paste .. my cpu temp is 39 celcius at idle .. what can i do to cool this .. is this an ok temp ?? for idle ?? its says in the via hardware monitor that 40 is cpu hysteresis and 50 is overheat ?? i tried running at 10 x 140 temp still the same ..

any ideas to help cool .. i would think with this cooling i should have good temps ??

please advise .. thanks

deja vu? either im stoned as all he|| ....i think ive answered this question b4 lemme check.

nope im thinkin straight-check out my response in cooling.

My T bird 800 is running at 1000
I have an FOP 38 (noisy but 7000rpm)
My running temp is about 47 and 43c when it was not overclocked. You are way ahead at the temps you have now. From what I have seen AMD runs in the high 30s to low 40's.I would love to get down to 40c. I first tried it without the thermal grease and It ran about 58c. I am not using artic silver.( I intend to get some)

I have a Duron 800 Overclocked to only 920Mhz and before I did this I read up on the Duron and read (Acording to the AMD Website www.amd.com) that it will die at a Temp 90c my idle temp is 37c and load temp 45c(ish). so I'm sure that the T-Bird will be a simular Temp to the Duron, (Check the AMD Website first, to be sure. It's on there somewhere).
I hope this helps

Back