• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with internet connection dropping after 30-60min

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

Okay I have a weird issue I am dealing with here and am hoping some of the networking geniuses here can help me troubleshoot it.

I started having connectivity issues with the internet. I ran all my spyware/virus programs and came up with nothing. Finally I ran Winsockfix and rebooted. After restarting I was back online. however the problem returns after I have been on line for a while. I have to run winsock fix again and reboot every time I come back to my PC. Keep in mind if I switch to a Powerbook that is connected via wifi I can surf just fine. This got annoying fast so this morning I backed everything up and did a full wipe and reinstall of WinXP Pro SP3. Lo and behold it starts happening again. WTF?

Equipment on the network is as follows

ATT 2wire 3600HGV (Uverse Modem) brand new installed and configured yesterday. This problem did exist before the switch.

My win XP Pro Mach connected via Cat 5
Powerbook G4 Connected Via Wifi

Western Digital Livewire ssending connections to Living
Roku box and PS3 are connected to Livewire

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

I disconnected everything except the primary PC and have been online for quite a while now. It seems that the Livewire or Roku may have been screwing with my network. Now how do I figure out what was going wrong so I can fix it?

Back