• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with memory overlock please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vishy92

Hey!

First timer on the forum!

After wasting my time all day I found these settings to be memtest stable. Didnt have the patience to test further yesterday. I have a Z390 board with a 9600k [email protected] and 45x uncore. The memory is Hynix CJR, Rank1, A0 (10 layer) 2x8gb. VCCIO and SA are set to 1.2v and Dram is 1.45v. This is the highest stable I could get with CR1 and tCL at 16. 3866 boots, but fails memtest with these timings. I have no clue what to change. I haven't tried tRCD yet, but tRP wont go any lower I think.

Questions:

Should I try to go for higher frequencies with higher tCL and CR2 since Im on Intel? Are these safe voltages? IF not what voltages should I try to lower? I just punched these in to see if they work. Could someone recommend tighter timings? Other then tRFC and tREFI everything is on Auto atm.

Sorry Im clueless this is my first time overclocking memory.

Welcome,

I cannot see the picture as it goes all blurry when I zoom in. Can you post the picture direct instead of hosting it.

What is the end goal, are you looking for more gaming performance, more performance in another situation or are you looking to just get max performance out just to see what you can do.

If you are just after something like gaming performance then I would say 3888 (or whatever it was) is more than enough. The bigger performance jumps are seen going from 2333 to 3200 and then from 3200 to 3600. After that the performance gains become less and less.

However if you are wanting to push it as far as possible then I am sure people can help if we can see the settings you are using.

EDIT: now I have read back it wasn’t stable at 3866 so, yeh don’t use that.

Welcome,

I cannot see the picture as it goes all blurry when I zoom in. Can you post the picture direct instead of hosting it.

What is the end goal, are you looking for more gaming performance, more performance in another situation or are you looking to just get max performance out just to see what you can do.

If you are just after something like gaming performance then I would say 3888 (or whatever it was) is more than enough. The bigger performance jumps are seen going from 2333 to 3200 and then from 3200 to 3600. After that the performance gains become less and less.

However if you are wanting to push it as far as possible then I am sure people can help if we can see the settings you are using.

EDIT: now I have read back it wasn’t stable at 3866 so, yeh don’t use that.

Im mainly just curious whats the max I can achieve within safe voltages. Im not 100% sure what I have is good or not. I havent tried lowering voltage yet, just wanted to see how far I can push it. 3866 was indeed unstable with these primaries. Not sure if its worth it to loosen them a little bit for the extra speed.

I would mainly just use it for gaming, but Im cpu limited in a few games (2080Super). I saw a few benchmarks and better memory timings and clocks seem to mostly improve 1% and .1% lows and thats what Im after. The current settings are 500% memtest stable. Some people said for intel it would be better to push for higher clocks with loser timings. So much conflicting information on whats safe, and what should be done that Im lost lol.

Attachments

• asd.JPG
    asd.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 86
Back