• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclock..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zalibidas

I'm kind of stumped. I save the frequency settings for all cores- it sticks. I have turbo mode/eist/c-states etc turns off completely for the time being so I could test.. but its not overclocking. I tried turning on turbo mode and it boosts up to 4.5ghz when its under any stress so I was able to run stress tests, but the second I turn it off nothing works. I'm using an Asus Z170-A board with an i5 6600K. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

When you monitor the frequency without a load, it is at a stock clock, also will it show a overclock with a load? Did you just try raising the main multiplier?

When you monitor the frequency without a load, it is at a stock clock, also will it show a overclock with a load? Did you just try raising the main multiplier?

Its at stock without a load. When it goes to load, it shows 4.5ghz but ONLY if I leave turbo on. If I leave turbo boost off, it does nothing but put up my voltage a bit and leave me with stock.

What do you mean by main multiplier? If its the settings in the UEFI and syncing all cores, I've done that yeah. If you man bclk nope not yet.

I if you want the clock to stay at 4.5GHz all the time you also need to disable speed step. There should be a main multiplier so you don't have to use turbo or separate cores just CPU multiplier.

I if you want the clock to stay at 4.5GHz all the time you also need to disable speed step. There should be a main multiplier so you don't have to use turbo or separate cores just CPU multiplier.

Thats just it. I disabled speedstep. It says target is 4500. When I load up my PC though, its stock and stays there.

You are missing a setting somewhere, SpeedStep, C1E, and C-States, EIST.

Last edited:
I've got all of those disabled. Checked. Double checked. Triple checked. Its all disabled. Even tried doing a bios update- still not working. There has to be some setting stopping it. CPU-Z seems to pick up that the upper multiplier is 45(says x 35.0 ( 8 - 45 ) ). I'm really lost. No idea what else to try.

Back