• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking fx 4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's my screenshots at 4.6ghz @ 1.43125v with 2200mhz NB and HT Link after 3 hours of prime.

Attachments

• hw 3 hours in.png
    hw 3 hours in.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 66
  • core temp 3 hours in.png
    core temp 3 hours in.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 62
  • cpu-z 3 hours in.png
    cpu-z 3 hours in.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 61
  • cpu-z memory.png
    cpu-z memory.png
    14 KB · Views: 60
  • cpu-z spd.png
    cpu-z spd.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 60
I went to 1.45 because I didn't know how close i was to passing and i saw a lot of people had to go to almost 1.45 to get to 4.6 stable
and also i wanted to keep trying to go to the top voltage id feel comfortable with using and go down from there. But after a couple tests at 4500mhz bringing down the voltage to bring down the high temps i brought it down to 1.43125 and brought the NB and Ht Link down to 2200mhz and I'm still stable running prime after 2 hours and a half at 61* socket 60 - 62* package with a max of 62 socket and 64 package so I'd say that's pretty decent right? Think I'll drop the voltage down one more step as to try to not get a max of more than 62* and see if its still stable. Or maybe i should drop down the NB and the HT Link back to 2000? or Auto? Not really sure what to do. I'll probably try both.

Okay thanks that's good to know.

These are lucky numbers for a 4100 series. Got a guy at another forum who's loosing worker #3 and running 1.4250v and testing 1.4500v at 4000mhz. His temps are only 51c after 20 minutes of Prime95 blend. His package temp only reached 40c....

So if your seeing only 1.45v at 4.6ghz and actually for real for real stable, then those chips are golden IMO. After having 3 of these chips I also know for a fact 5ghz stable is a golden chip as well. Try 4.8ghz - 4.9ghz best case scenario running in excess of 1.5v in most cases.

Bring the temps down so the voltage can go up.
EDIT
(Just in case no one gets it, I'm saying this is a sweet chip. Push it harder.)

Last edited:
Overstock it looks good and this is about as high as you'll want to go for a 24/7 oc, at least on this cooling. If you want to push higher and see if it passes a benchmark or two you can do so but watch the temps. Additionally, if you look at your ram timings you're running them loose you may want to manually set them to the Xmp 1600 profile in the SPd tab and re test prime to see if it passes with the tighter timings.

These are lucky numbers for a 4100 series. Got a guy at another forum who's loosing worker #3 and running 1.4250v and testing 1.4500v at 4000mhz. His temps are only 51c after 20 minutes of Prime95 blend. His package temp only reached 40c....

So if your seeing only 1.45v at 4.6ghz and actually for real for real stable, then those chips are golden IMO. After having 3 of these chips I also know for a fact 5ghz stable is a golden chip as well. Try 4.8ghz - 4.9ghz best case scenario running in excess of 1.5v in most cases.

Bring the temps down so the voltage can go up.
EDIT
(Just in case no one gets it, I'm saying this is a sweet chip. Push it harder.)

Yeah that's the only thing is the temps.. how do you suppose i bring them down? How much more cooling would i get from adding a 140mm intake to the front and/or another 200mm for exhaust at the top? Anyone? Because 1.43125 was stable after 3 hours of prime and same with 1.425, but the temps got to 64* max still with both. 1.41875 was cooler it seemed at around 59* max (in HW monitor/ 60* in Core temp) but worker 4 stopped at like 50 minutes in i think.

Overstock it looks good and this is about as high as you'll want to go for a 24/7 oc, at least on this cooling. If you want to push higher and see if it passes a benchmark or two you can do so but watch the temps. Additionally, if you look at your ram timings you're running them loose you may want to manually set them to the Xmp 1600 profile in the SPd tab and re test prime to see if it passes with the tighter timings.

Yeah I went ahead and tweaked the memory timing now to the xmp settings and also bumped up the NB voltage to 1.275. It seems to be running more stable now at 4.1875 as i mentioned i was trying in my last post which is giving me cooler temps (max 59/60*), but I still lost worker #3 1 hour and 50 minutes into prime. So I'm wondering what i should do now. Should I bump the NB voltage up 1 more time and would that help stabilize things longer in prime? or should i just try to go back up to 1.425 CPU voltage where i was getting 64* max temps with NB and ht link still at 2200mhz with auto voltage (which by the way was showing up as 1.4v? is that really the auto voltage it was getting?). I'm guessing id be better off bumping up the NB voltage which hasn't seemed to up the temps, but the last few bumps i gave it (from 1.2125) saw an increase in prime run time before it became unstable. And also what is the stock (or auto) voltage that i should of increased upon turning up the NB and HT Link frequency to 2400? Couldn't figure that one out on google, but i heard it was 1.25v?

Oh and here are the screen shot results from the last test of 4.6ghz @ 4.1875 with 2400mhz NB and HT Link with a 1.275 voltage for the CPU/NB.

Attachments

• cpu-z.png
    cpu-z.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 47
  • core temp 2 hours in.png
    core temp 2 hours in.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 47
  • hw moniter 2 hours in.png
    hw moniter 2 hours in.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 47
  • cpu-z memory.png
    cpu-z memory.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 58
  • cpu-z spd.png
    cpu-z spd.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 47
  • prime.png
    prime.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 47
Lowering temps at this point would be removing the air cooler and slapping on a water block. You'd appreciate it mostly when you get a couple hundred extra mhz for daily use and likely benchmark at 5ghz good for validation ect.

Looks like your maxed out without adding more cpu v-core.

Lowering temps at this point would be removing the air cooler and slapping on a water block. You'd appreciate it mostly when you get a couple hundred extra mhz for daily use and likely benchmark at 5ghz good for validation ect.

Looks like your maxed out without adding more cpu v-core.

True so you don't think anymore NB voltage would help stabilize it? And would adding fans to the case take the temp down at all? Even 1 - 2 degrees?

You need to put a signature in with your forum profile so that don't have to go back to first page to try and see what you are cooling the cpu with and what case is used to try and answer if more fans might help. Fans in the wrong place may do more harm than good.

Put up Sig at OCF.

New Shortcut method for putting a Signature with your system information following your every post so people can know what is in the case that they are trying to assist with. You can use something like what is shown in my signature as a good template of needed information Thank you.

Back