• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with p4pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick59007

i just bought the p4pe i like it alot my 2.4 overclocked to 3. 2 and i might get higher. i have few qustions does that one raid plug also support using it as just ide also i swear i cant disable sound and intergrated lan exept in windows of course.

i loke this mobo thanks for any help

leathersmt

I dont understan d all the questions, but I will try to help if possible. I have the same mb, and as far as I know, the other raid place is not usable as a hardrive cable for just storage, I wonder how to do this myslef. The lan, I got mine working, but I had to go into the networking to get it to work, and I'm sorry, I dont mean to be so information short, but I forgot how I did it. It does work tho, I am on with it now. As for the sound, have you tried going into the control panel and gone to sounds and disabling it there??
I hope this helps.
P4PE 2.53 malay
1024mb 2100 samsung 512 memory
Radeon 9700 128mb
Audigy 2 Platinum w/digital 5.1 inspire
60gig Maxtor 7200rpm
100gig IBM 7200rpm

[email protected]

Nick59007 said:
does that one raid plug also support using it as just ide also i swear i cant disable sound and intergrated lan exept in windows of course.

1. Yes, you can select RAID 0 even with just one HDD attached (drive doesn't even have to be ATA/1xx).

2. Yes, via the BIOS, you can disable both the audio chip as well as the onboard giganet chip.
And it does work - just look at your HW Device manager - you should not see an entry for either devices.

However, I tossed my NIC in favor of the Broadband chip - unless you are using a BNC connector
to avoid shelling out for a hub/ switch/ router....

CU,