• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
This kid I know needs some help with ms paint. He told me that every time he tries to get into it, he get some sort of fatal exception. He’s reinstalled it, run scandisk and everything else he can think of, but he can’t get it to work. I told him to screw paint and get a better program, but he wants it fixed. Any thoughts?? I don't know what to do.

pcgirl

I'm not sure....if worse comes to worse, he could always reinstall windows. That would be almost a sure way to fix the problem, but it would be much easier just to get a better program and use that.

A virus scan was done on the pc, right?

OP
cyber mouse45

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
pcgirl said:

A virus scan was done on the pc, right?

Yeah, I asked him about that cuz they just had a pretty bad one a couple of weeks ago. But he said they got rid of it, and he runs the virus scanner a lot now. :p

adovbs

Registered
Yeah, I asked him about that cuz they just had a pretty bad one a couple of weeks ago. But he said they got rid of it
It still probably messed up the registry or some of the dlls. The best way to fix that is probably to reinstall, as pcgirl suggests.

Adovbs