• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with super silent custom loop oc I7-8700k/2080ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually I like the look of my ek waterway, only the DDC pump is the issue. I am more to finding an alternative DDC pump or some kind of adapter DDC to d5 pump, or in case I need to change all the waterway I go back and use my old Phanteks evolx case with an alphacool d5 pump and reservoir that already know is super silent.

I ran a 10W DDC on a sponge for near 10 years mostly 24/7 duty with zero issues. I used a Shoggy Sandwich one.

Couldn't tell it was even on inside the case sitting on it. A 6W pump I really can't tell if it's working or not aside from watching water flow or feeling for vibration. I wouldn't run an 18W DDC without a heatsink housing like Alphacool's.

I was looking for that, I don't think such a method will work since his pump is connected to an acrylic panel reservoir. You could try to decouple the reservoir from the case itself however by using o-rings.

yes exactly, maybe I can just put a sponge around it, but i dont it really help

The best way is to completely isolate the pump using a sponge. If it's attached to any hard object, it will transmit more vibrations to the case. Rubber or o-rings would not be as helpful. Your only other tuning device would be the pump speed. Probably want to keep it 3600rpm or less.

The best way is to completely isolate the pump using a sponge. If it's attached to any hard object, it will transmit more vibrations to the case. Rubber or o-rings would not be as helpful. Your only other tuning device would be the pump speed. Probably want to keep it 3600rpm or less.

byks.JPG

His pump is integrated into this acrylic panel, the pump is on the reverse side, circled in red. I don't see how that would be possible since the panel mounts using fan mounts of the case.

Back