• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with unlocking AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know if that was tried already or not?? I did suggest raising the voltage

Yes it should be fine. Just set a manual V_Core of 1.4v and see if the CPU will start or not.

so I should set CPU Voltage Control to Manual and increase Normal CPU Vcore to 1.400 v ??

My PC won't turn on anymore :((((( shut down at boot all time can't go in nowhere now :(((

Thank you :((

- - - Updated - - -

How to do that?

- - - Updated - - -

How to do that?

- - - Updated - - -

How to clear it? I can't do nothing I can't get in bios ..... PC is broken

I managet to start pc after 5 min without reseting cmos and he started to load windows but he shuted down again so I think that he cant make it :( so I backed all in bios on default :(

Yes good idea, sounds like the settings were still messed up. Like I said earlier some CPUs have disabled cores for a reason. They're just bad/unstable. I would still reset the bios the way I suggested.

I backed voltage to auto , acc to disabled and hybrid to normal ?? I think that's it :) need to buy new pc ... What are you suggesting ?

Clearing the CMOS is what I suggested. Or at least set defaults in BIOS by hitting F6 and start from there.
I would also agree it's time to save for something newer.

You haven't tried using just one of the hidden cores yet. One of the two might be good.

Maybe my quad works because he started normal but at windows my pc shuted down. Maybe I should increase cpu voltage on 1400v and maybe I should increase nb voltage control ???

Maybe NB_COre but I wouldn't go too high on voltages. It's obviously unstable. That's why windows wouldn't start. Maybe try 1 core like Trents suggested.

For whatever reason, it is often the third core that is bad on a core locked dual core CPU and with the PII X4 960T BE it was the fifth core that was usually the problem.

I'll also add even though the board has unlocking features, it still may not be able to successfully un lock the core/s even if they are viable. I have at least 2 chips that were able to be un locked on one motherboard and could not on another, even though both boards have the ability to un lock cores.

Back