• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with xp pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boffin2163

I just installed xp pro and in the installation where it asks you if you want to delete or create partitions well i deleted my main c: drive and made a 10gb partition but now in windows i can only acsses 10gb of a 40gb drive it is an NTFS partition. Any ideas on how to get the other 30gb back without having to reinstall?

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
From your post, I would guess that you didn't partition the other 30 gigabytes. This can still be done through FDISK or even on teh Windows setup disk. Once you've made the other partition, it will show up in Windows, but you'll need to format it by right clicking the drive and selecting format. Choose Fat32 or NTFS and let it do its thing. When it's done, you'll have a 10 gigabyte partition (C) and a 30 gigabyte partition (D).

Z

Heat

How does he can do it in FDISK? Please instruct, I'd like to know too, same thing can be done with w2k, right?

nerd4life

can't you go start -> settings -> control panel -> performance and maintenance -> adminstrative tools -> computer management

then click on disk management and it should show your un-partitioned space and allow you to partition and format it.