• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

res0r9lm

I posted a message on one of the neopets msn groups.

I also belong to a distributed computing team that is involved in several project but what I propose is I am willing to reward anyone thats contributes a certain amount of points to our folding @ home team. I will give 5np for every point anyone turns in with a minimum of 250 pts and a max of 2000 for the week plus a bonus of 10,000 np for the person that has the highest total for the week. Also I reserve the right to limit total payouts to 75,000 np per a week.

What I am asking is for people to follow the link and join neopets and atleast play a few games so I can get a referral bonus.
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=res0r9lm

And if you have NP's to spare don't be afraid to donate some by going to my shop and buying some stuff.
http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=res0r9lm

If things work out and people do donate I will increase the payout but right now I can't offer more than I can make

Please don't steal my idea
Thank you

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I don't think this is allowed here, well then again you have me confused.

OP
R

res0r9lm

I don't see why. it's a way of getting more people folding. it's a kiddie gaming site based on taking care of a vitual pet. Everthing is G-rated but if any of the mods think it's out of line they can delete the thread. out of all the teams out there I would have thought overclockers would be one of the first to try to get more people folding.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Well please disregard my statement, I didn't look at all the links and I was under the impression that you were paying people to fold. Sorry if I insulted you, it was my fault.

OCn00b

I may be wrong but this may be considered advertising. That's against the rules here I believe but I could be wrong. Granted, it's for folding which is a good cause but I'm thinking that the mods will end up deleting this thread. Nice of you to try to get more people folding though.

OP
R

res0r9lm

I know advertising isn't allowed here but I assumed that for advertising to be effective doesn't some kind of monitary value have to change hands? I personally am not recieving anything in fact it will in costing me neo points.

Chris

What I am asking is for people to follow the link and join neopets and atleast play a few games so I can get a referral bonus.

I stopped reading there as it sounded like some sort of spam to me. Sorry if i offended you :)

OP
R

res0r9lm

sorry dude if you took it that way. maybe most of us fold for fun or for the cause but other need more motivation. I do get tired of trying do something good and just getting a slap in the face for my efforts.