• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mindpilot

Ok...I am Folding for team 32 on 3 of my WinXP PC's. But on my Linux PPC..Mandrake 9.0 I tried to set it up to fold for 32 also...but it says it is folding for Anonymous (some Hotmail thing).

How can I change this????????????????

thx:mad: :mad: :mad:

KaHNZa

If the Linux version is somewhat similar to the windows version, you can go into the client.cfg file and edit that. Someone who has more linux exp. will answer I'm sure. ;)

P.S. Where in MN are you at?

OP
M

mindpilot

yes. I did edit that file. and when i look at it. it says team 32 user: mindpilot. but it isnt taking when it goes to get the projects.

I am in Mounds View (twin cities)

r u from here?

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
i used to be from savage.
make sure you are starting the client in the fah directory

BBigJ

You need to restart the client for the settings to take effect. When you restart folding, the log file should have lines that look like this:

- Ask before connecting: No
- User name: SBschmit (Team 32)
- User ID = 6FF6C70275D13E24
- Machine ID #1

Benchmarking ...
Loaded queue successfully.
Initialization complete

This is the quick and easy way to see if everything is set up properly.

OP
M

mindpilot

it never made a FAH directory. it made home/eric/fah3console-linux.exe is the file. :(

wow..lotsa people from Mn kewl!

100 miles west would be about Willmar. :D

OP
M

mindpilot

BBigj...great..but my User ID says 0. Do i need to change that in the .cfg file? and if so how do i find my user ID?

Cjwinnit

B&
mindpilot said:
BBigj...great..but my User ID says 0. Do i need to change that in the .cfg file? and if so how do i find my user ID?

Starnge, it's 1 by default i thought...

OSUmaxx

You can edit the config file, but I'd just run -config flag:

./fah3console-linux.exe -config
(or) /eric/fah3console-linux.exe -config depending on where you are.

This will allow you to set your options

BBigJ

I think the user id is automatically assigned by stanford. I wouldn't go in and change it (although I'd be a little worried by the "0".) If it is still zero after you turn in your next protein, then it is time to get worried.

OP
M

mindpilot

I was mistaken User ID is some long a$$ number. But I am not sure who I am folding for. I did the -config and the information has my name and team 32 and says benchmarking after I start it...and then just does all the protien syntax stuff. no errors. how do i know if it is folding right?

uggh