• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrome_Coyote

Registered
I just installed the A7V8X Deluxe Mobo PCB 2.0 and it didnt go so well.

Startup went okay at first. the system booted without any errors.

I was cocky, and decided to fiddle around with the BIOS. I have an unlocked CPU, and set the mult to a simple 12.5 and the FSB to 166. I have an Athlon XP 2400, so those settings should be doable without any problems.

the system failed to boot, so I cleared the CMOS as per the Manual's instructions and tried again. I got a Memory Error from the POST reporter and the system shut down.

Now it wont even POST.

Ive tried to clear the CMOS again, but it didnt do anything.

Ive let it sit, the CPU isnt even more than 20C, so its not heat. I tried removing the RAM and placing it into another Machine. And the DIMMs are still good.

Help

Tye clearing the CMOS again. this time if you havent tried already make sure you unplug the comp and remove the battery too.
If that doesnt work. Just start out fresh. REmove everything and just reinstall it again.

If it won't even post, he will have a hard time reinstalling everything eh? Sounds to me like you may of corrupted your bios flash memory chip. Only other thing I can think of is that you didn't move the correct jumper for the CMOS, and never really cleared it. If you are sure you did everything right, I think you will either have to buy a new flash memory chip for your mobo, or send it back to asus. It should still be iunder waranty, and they should fix it right up for you.

Good luck

Back